Friday, October 29, 2010

DIY luminaries-the follow up

So, you remember these cool paraffin wax luminaries I made yesterday...right?
I decided to take a trial run before making more today....good thing too.
When I lit the candle, initially the luminary looked like this:

Pretty, right???
But then, 10 minutes later, the luminary looked like this:

Insert HUGE sad face here.
Where did I go wrong?
I thought of possible solutions: 1-use a battery operated tealight candle, 2-use higher heat paraffin wax, and 3-ditch this DIY and move on to less stressful centerpieces.
Well, solution 1 just annoys me. I get to have real candles at my venue, and I would REALLY LIKE to use real candles. They are more budget friendly and they look nicer (in my opinion). Solution 2 is in my budget-conscious mind a no-go. I found some higher temp wax online, but not only is it twice as expensive, it's very expensive to ship. That leaves me with solution number 3-ditch this DIY and move on. My wedding will not be stressful if I can help it, and centerpieces are the last thing I really want to be worrying about. It's time for me to take my second block of wax back to Hobby Lobby and MOVE ON.

No comments:

Post a Comment