Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The DIY Checklist...pretty epic.

So-for those of you (like myself) who are planning on doing several DIY projects for your wedding. Prep yourself for some tension. In order to avoid bridezilla-ing (yes, I've decided that's a word), I made the "epic DIY checklist". It has all of the projects that I've decided to do, and all of the materials listed for each project. I then put several columns in, so that I could compare prices of Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and online retailers. I'm being as budget conscious as possible, so price checking was important to me, though it may not be to you.

Here's the list of all of the tutorials you have to look forward to:
Cake Topper
Cake Stand
Cutting set
Invites
Programs
Thank Yous
Mobiles
Mason Jar luminaries
Paraffin luminaries
Guest tree
Flowers
Table Runners
Place mats
Photobooth
Smores Kits
Gifts for my gals
Direction signs
Yard Games

Now let's be honest, I may not get all of these done. However, I've set myself up to get most of these, if not all done. In my mind the trick will be spacing out the projects as much as possible, so I don't become too overwhelmed. I have 7 months to get this stuff done, and I work 3-4 nights a week...I should be good, right?

I'm starting with the Paraffin luminaries (the project I'm most hesitant about) tomorrow! Prep yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment