Sunday, November 28, 2010

Friendors are, most importantly, your friends

Hands down the coolest wedding cake I've ever seen. www.geekologie.com

I would like to take this opportunity to talk about my amazing friend Kelly. She is married to one of my fiance's best friends, and is a super lady. She is the one throwing my bridal shower, she is a nurse, a new mom, and a fabulous baker. So fabulous, in fact, that I asked her to make our wedding cake. And because she's an awesome friend, she said yes. 

Until yesterday. 

Unfortunately, since she has a full time job other than baking, she has to squeeze all of her baking into her free time (which she doesn't have much of). She is hosting some friends the week of our wedding, and will not have time to bake our cake anymore. She was, of course, super apologetic, and even offered to help pay for the cake from another baker, but it won't be one of Kelly's cakes.

Now, had my caterer, photographer, or other pro vendor dropped me 6 months out from my big day, it would have been an ordeal to say the least. But Kelly is my bud, my pal, my friend, and that is more important than her being a friendor. 

Plus, now we get to do cake testings with several different bakers! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment