Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Registry Delimma

Like many couples I (and probably you) know, my fiance and I are living together prior to getting married.
www.gallery-of-cartoon.blogspot.com

We love our living situation (and each other) and have successfully molded our two separate houses into one. In fact, we currently have two of everything. That's right. I didn't get rid of any of my things when I moved in with my future hubs. You see, he hadn't yet proposed, and if things went south I didn't want to be stuck paying thousands of dollars replacing the thing I had from my old place. So our kitchen is currently cram packed, with everything. As in: two toasters, two dish sets, two flatware sets, two sets of pots and pans. He lived in a one bedroom apartment before we moved to the house together, and I had a two bedroom apartment. Our home is three bedroom. So, we don't need anything in terms of beds or bathrooms.

Sound great? It is!

Except for one thing...

REGISTERING.

We don't need things (or very few things), which makes registering very difficult. In fact, we went to Target today (I love Target), and attempted to register, and only came up with 12 things. So, we have another option:

Honeymoon Registry.

I mean really: why get more of this:
www.mabelshouse.blogspot.com
When we could get this instead?:
www.1001arabian.net



What my conflict now is: How do we approach this in terms of our guests? Something like "Hey, we don't need more junk, but send us on this awesome trip!"? I have a feeling there's something against that in the grand book of wedding etiquette, but the fact is we just don't need extra junk.

Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment